Greek Lemon Chicken with a Spiced Butter
- 100g Lurpak Butterbox Slightly Salted
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1kg chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 2 whole lemons, cut into chunks
- 2 large red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 large waxy potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, skin on and crushed
- 1 large bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- Melt the Lurpak in a saucepan and add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, ground cinnamon and dried oregano.
- Place the chicken, lemon chunks, onions, potatoes and garlic in a large roasting dish and then pour over the melted butter mix.
- Rub the butter into all the ingredients making sure everything is well covered. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Turn the ingredients over after 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Stir the roughly chopped coriander into the chicken and serve immediately with a Greek salad.
Ready to try this Greek lemon chicken with a spiced butter recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.