A sweet and crunchy British dessert pie made from bananas, biscuits, whipping cream, carnation condensed milk and more. This delicious classic Banoffee Pie recipe is quick and easy to make as a homemade treat.
- 100g melted butter
- 225g crushed light digestive biscuits
- 75g butter
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
- 397g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 2 bananas
- 150ml of whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Cocoa powder, to finish
- Add the crushed biscuits to a bowl with the melted butter. Mix together, then press the mixture into the base and sides of a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Place 75g butter and sugar into a heavy based, non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved. Add Carnation condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel. Spread the caramel over the base, cool and then chill for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas and place on top of the caramel, then top with the whipped cream. Finish with a dusting of cocoa powder or use grated chocolate to decorate the banoffee pie. Chill until ready to serve.
Ready to try this Banoffee Pie recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.