NOTE: The Winter Beef Stew recipe is here if you need the ingredients! Also for this recipe, you’ll need a regular 12-hole bun tin, an 8cm round pastry cutter, and a 6cm round cutter.
1. Grease a 12-bun tin with butter or a bit of cooking spray, and turn the oven on to 190 degrees (Celsius – fan-assisted).
2. Dust a clean surface with plain flour, then roll out your pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin. Using the large cutter, cut out 12 pastry circles for the base of your pies. Press each one into the holes in the tin, making sure the pastry reaches all the way to the top edge.
3. Use a teaspoon to carefully spoon your leftover beef stew into the pastry cases. Don’t overfill them, or they’ll boil over when they’re in the oven!
4. Crack the egg in a bowl, and beat it with a fork. Then use a pastry brush (or your finger) to dab the egg round the top edge of the pie cases. Use the smaller cutter to cut out the 12 pastry lids, and gently place these on top of the pies. Use your fingers to pinch the pastry edges together so the tops are sealed.
5. Crimp the edges of the pies with the back of a fork, then prick the top of the lids to make air holes. Brush the rest of the egg over the top of the pies to give them a nice glaze.
6. Bake the pies in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden and the filling is bubbly.
7. Serve hot or cold, with salad or just as a snack!
*TIP: Don’t have a rolling pin? Wash and dry the outside of a bottle of wine, and use that to roll your pastry out instead. Don’t have pastry cutters? Use wine glasses or tumblers
A big thank you to our sponsored blogger Little Miss Katy for providing this recipe. We love these pies!
Cadbury Chocolate Mousse Snowmen, Beats Headphones, Apple iPads and, our grand prize, a 65" Samsung Curved UHD TV are up for grabs!
Help Santa find the three missing presents scattered around our website.
When you find a present, click on it to keep it safe and move onto a new page to find the next one. Once you've found all three, fill in the form that will appear to enter the competition!
Find three Christmas presents and WIN