To make the meatballs (if you don't have any leftovers!)
1. Combine the meatball ingredients (apart from the oil) and squish very well with clean hands. Shape into 12 balls.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and gently fry the meatballs in batches until browned all over. Remove from the pan and move to one side.
To make the soup base
1. Add to your pan (it should still have some fat in the bottom from the meatballs, if not add a splash more oil) the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Fry for about 10 minutes until starting to soften.
2. Add the tinned tomatoes, passata, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and then add your meatballs back in (if you are using fresh, just browned meatballs, if you are using leftovers that have already been cooked - hang on!) Pop a lid on and bubble away over a low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Give everything a good stir, add the spaghetti, the balsamic and the meatballs if you are using leftovers. Put the lid back on for another 10 minutes.
4. Stir through the fresh herbs and serve topped with grated Parmesan.
A big thank you to our sponsored blogger Taming Twins for providing this recipe. It's truly scrumptious!
Cadbury Chocolate Mousse Snowmen, Beats Headphones, Apple iPads and, our grand prize, a 65" Samsung Curved UHD TV are up for grabs!
Help Santa find the three missing presents scattered around our website.
When you find a present, click on it to keep it safe and move onto a new page to find the next one. Once you've found all three, fill in the form that will appear to enter the competition!
Find three Christmas presents and WIN