1.Place the ham in a large, snug fitting pot.
2. Roughly chop and throw in the carrots and celery, along with the bay leaves, peppercorns, bouquet garni and fresh herbs.
3. Peel the zest from the lemons or oranges, then squeeze the juice in.
4. Cover with water, place the pot on a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and leave for 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Remove the meat from the pot (you can leave it to cool for 30 minutes if you have time) and transfer it onto a foil lined baking dish.
6. Use a sharp knife to remove the skin. Score the fat and season with salt and pepper.
7. Put the ham into the oven (200c) and roast for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and cover the fat with the marmalade.
9. Return to the oven for 1 hour, basting regularly.
10. Serve with roasted new potatoes (roast for 20-30 minutes, skin on) and a large bowl of salad.
Thank you to our sponsored blogger "My Fussy Eater" for providing this fantastic recipe - we love it!!