Leftover Turkey Sliders
The Christmas sandwich, but better. Make these Leftover Turkey Sliders for those many a buffets in-between Christmas and New Year.
- All your leftover turkey, shredded
- ½ red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp of BBQ seasoning
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of chipotle paste
- 100g passata
- 8 slices of cheese
- 8 bread rolls of your choice (brioche is great)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Cranberry sauce
- Add some olive oil to a pan cook your onion until soft, then add your garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Next add your BBQ sauce, BBQ seasoning, tomato puree, Chipotle pasta and rice wine vinegar to the pan. Stir it all up.
- Add your leftover turkey and passata to the pan allow it all to bubble until the turkey has warmed through.
- Add your halved bread rolls onto an oven tray. Put your turkey mix onto the base then add a slice of cheese. Put the rolls into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Then add your cranberry sauce on top along with the top of the bread roll.
- Remember that butter? Spread a little bit on top of the bread roll and then pop your sliders back into the oven for another 5 minutes until thoroughly warmed through and a little crisp on the edges. Serve and enjoy!
Ready to try this Leftover Turkey Sliders recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.