1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Using a wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until soft and fluffy, then gradually add the whisked eggs.
3. Sieve the flour and baking powder together, then carefully and slowly fold into the mix.
4. Place in a 20cm cake tin lined with baking paper and bake for 12 – 15 minutes. To test if it is cooked, gently slide a clean skewer into the middle of the cake then pull out – if the skewer comes out clean with no wet cake mixture on it the sponge is ready.
5. When the cake is cooked turn out onto a cooling rack.
6. When cooled cut in two – cut it slowly and try and make the cut as flat as possible! Next spread the top of the bottom half with an even covering of your favourite flavor jam then top with a layer of fresh cream.
7. To finish, gently place the other half back on top then dust with icing sugar using a fine sieve.
Cadbury Chocolate Mousse Snowmen, Beats Headphones, Apple iPads and, our grand prize, a 65" Samsung Curved UHD TV are up for grabs!
Help Santa find the three missing presents scattered around our website.
When you find a present, click on it to keep it safe and move onto a new page to find the next one. Once you've found all three, fill in the form that will appear to enter the competition!
Find three Christmas presents and WIN