1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Sieve together the flour and salt, then mix together with the butter and sugar using a wooden spoon to form a smooth paste.
3. Roll out the mixture on a floured surface to approx ½ cm thick and cut into your chosen shape.
4. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (or a silicone mat if you have own) and mark with a fork if so desired – if gives a nice professional look.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the biscuits are a light brown colour. Once cooked place on a cooling wire and sprinkle with sugar.