Makes 2, 30 minutes Preparation, 30 minutes Cooking
A succulent dish of vanilla crème and caramelized sugar, our easy Crème Brulee recipe is sure to impress, and it doesn’t require a blowtorch to fire up this dessert.
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225ml Double Cream
- 25ml Milk
- 3 large Eggs
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50g Brown Demerara Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160oC/300F/Gas mark 2.
- In a large saucepan simmer the Double Cream and Milk gently.
- Split the Vanilla Pod and scrape the insides, and add with the Vanilla Extract to the milk and cream mixture and stir.
- Separate the Egg yolks and discard or save the egg whites for another recipe.
- Whisk the yolks with the Caster Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour the milk and cream mixture over the egg mix, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the Crème Brulee into two small oven-proof baking dishes or ramekins.
- Place these on a deep baking tray and pour boiling water onto the tray, until it reaches halfway up the ramekins.
- Carefully place the tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until the crème sets but still wobbles slightly.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool and turn on the grill.
- Sprinkle the Brown Demerara Sugar on top of each Crème Brulee and place under the grill for 3-5 minutes until the sugar caramelises and turns a light golden brown to form a crunchy layer.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with a side of fresh raspberries for a zingy tang, and enjoy!