Makes 12 cookies, preparation 20 minutes
If you can make a good Chocolate Chip Cookie - you'll never be short of friends!
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 220g butter
- Pinch of salt
- 160g caster sugar
- 190g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 325g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy, then beat in the eggs and gradually fold in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate.
- Split the dough in half, rolling each out into sausage shapes, approximately 2in in diameter. Wrap in cling film and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When you are ready to bake, slice the log into slices 2cm/¾in thick and lay on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.