Serves 1, 5 minutes preparation, 15-20 minutes cooking
Follow our recipe to make the perfect scrambled eggs every time. These creamy scrambled eggs go perfectly with the lightly cooked tomatoes and make a delicious breakfast in bed for Valentine’s Day that will certainly get you in your loved one’s good books!
- 2 large Eggs
- 2-3tbsp Full Fat Milk or Single Cream
- 1 Tomato
- 1 slice of their favourite bread
- A knob of Butter
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Cut the tomato into chunks then add to a large non-stick pan with the butter. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the tomato begins to soften but do not brown the butter as this will discolour the eggs. Once the tomatoes are cooked, turn the heat down to a low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs, milk or cream and a little salt and pepper to a bowl and lightly stir with a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Top Tip: do not whisk the eggs or beat them too vigorously – mixing them gently achieves smooth, creamy scrambled eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and leave it for 20-30 seconds without stirring. Next, stir the mixture gently with a wooden spoon, folding it over from the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for another 10-15 seconds then gently fold and stir again.
- At the same time, toast the bread in preparation for serving.
- Continue with the slow stirring process until the egg mixture is softly set but still slightly runny in places – this way you will end up with deliciously soft scrambled eggs. Once it is at this stage, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside for 20-30 seconds to finish the cooking process.
- Give the mixture a final stir then serve on top of the toasted wholegrain bread immediately.