Serves 2, 5 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
Our delicious, fluffy French Toast is quick and easy to prepare and makes a delicious breakfast treat for that special someone on Valentine’s Day. If you like you can serve it with crispy strips of bacon and honey or maple syrup or some fresh strawberries for a sweet treat.
- 4 thick slices of fresh White Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 4tbsp Milk
- 1tbsp Caster Sugar
- Butter for frying
- Crispy Bacon rashers & honey or sliced fresh strawberries to serve
- Mix the eggs, milk and caster sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Dip the bread in the egg mix so it is thoroughly coated.
- Melt the butter in a pan and when it is bubbling slightly fry the coated bread until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the French toast with bacon and honey or some delicious fresh strawberries – yum.