Serves 2, 20 minutes preparation, 45 minutes cooking
Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a creamy mushroom sauce - perfect for a comforting family meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 450g pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef topside steak 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 175ml cup milk
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 75ml sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 nests of dried whole wheat or regular egg noodles, cooked by packet instructions and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until it's tender.
- Stir the soup, milk, paprika and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the sour cream. Return the beef to the skillet and cook until the beef is cooked through. Serve the beef mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with the parsley.