Serves 4, 20 -30 minutes preparation
Homemade mint sauce is the ideal accompaniment to roast lamb as it helps cut through the richness of the meat.
- bunch of mint
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
- Wash the mint under cold running water then strip off the mint leaves, sprinkle with salt and chop finely.
- Place the chopped mint into a jug, add the sugar and pour over the boiling water, stir and leave to cool.
- Stir in the vinegar and taste then serve with your roasted lamb joint.
- Add more water or vinegar and adjust seasoning to suit your taste.