Serves 6, 10 minutes preparation, 15 minutes cooking
Who doesn’t love creamy mash? Ours is so moreish and is the perfect partner to any roast dinner.
- 1½ kg floury potatoes, such as King Edward or Maris Piper, cut into even chunks
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper to season
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for about 15 mins or until tender. Transfer to a colander and drain well, then return to the pan and set over a very low heat for 2 mins to dry completely.
- Heat the milk and butter in a small pan, then pour over the potatoes. Remove pan from the heat, then mash potatoes using an electric hand whisk or potato masher.
- Add the créme fraîche and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt.