1. Preheat the oven to 220°/200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7.
2. Place the chicken in a large baking dish.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place in the oven for 30 mins uncovered.
5. Take the chicken out of the oven and add the carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, bay leaves and pour in the chicken stock.
6. Cover with kitchen foil and place back in the oven.
7. Turn the oven down to 190°/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 and cook for a further 45 minutes.
8. Take the chicken out of the oven and add the cabbage and peas. You may have to lift the chicken to make room for the extra vegetables.
9. Sprinkle with the herbs and place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through. (The juices should run clear when pierced at the thickest part).
10.Allow to rest for 10 - 15 minutes and enjoy with Bisto Best Chicken Gravy.