These are an ideal afternoon snack on a day out or a sweet treat with a cup of tea! These Flapjack Bites are extra simple and perfectly gooey.
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 125g butter, plus extra for the tin
- 125g light brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup (depending on how gooey you want them)
- Heat the over to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6. Put the oats, butter, sugar and golden syrup in a food processor and pulse until mixed - be careful not to overmix or the oats may lose their texture.
- Lightly butter a 20cm x 20cm baking tin and add the mixture. Press into the corners with the back of a spoon so the mixture is flat and score into 12 squares. Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool - cut the squares and enjoy!
Ready to try this flapjack bites recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.