Serves 4, 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes cooking
A delicious twist on a classic pizza and so quick and easy to make, this dish is great hot from the oven with a fresh salad or is ideal cold in a lunch box or picnic hamper.
- 1 pack of pre-made, just-roll puff pastry
- 10tsp tomato puree
- 150-200g grated cheddar cheese
- toppings of your choice such as
- Ham cut into chunks
- Sliced mushrooms
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Slices of pepper
- Pineapple chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Lay the puff pastry on a baking tray and prick it all over with a fork, leaving a 1-2 inch border around the outside that has been untouched. Alternatively, for mini pizzas, cut the puff pastry into smaller squares then repeat the first step.
- Spread the tomato puree on the base(s) but not on the border then add your chosen toppings followed by some grated cheese. Brush the border of the pizza(s) with the beaten egg.
- Place the pizza(s) in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the edged have risen and are golden brown an the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a delicious, fresh salad and cut each pizza into four so everyone can share.