Makes 4, 30-40 minutes Cooking, 15 minutes Preparation
BBQ season is near, so get ready with our Ultimate Burger recipe. Full of juicy beef burger, tomatoes, cheese and bacon, there's plenty to sink your teeth into!
- 4 Burgers
- Sliver of Butter, for spreading
- 8 rashers of Smoked Bacon
- 4 slices of Cheese
- 8 Lettuce leaves
- 1 large Tomato, sliced
- 4 Onion rings
- 4 Sesame Bread burger buns
- Red Onion, sliced
- 4 Gherkins, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Place the Burgers on a baking tray and cook for 30-40 minutes until the meat is dark on the outside and cooked through.
- Whilst the burgers cook, slice the Red Onion, Tomatoes, Gherkins and wash the Lettuce leaves.
- If necessary, slice the burger buns in half.
- Place the Onion Rings onto a separate baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until the batter is golden brown and crispy.
- Whilst these cook, in a separate frying pan fry the Bacon rashers until crispy.
- Butter the burger buns on both sides.
- Remove the burgers from the oven, once cooked, and place the cooked burgers on each of the bottom halves of the burger buns.
- Place a slice of Cheese on top, followed by the lettuce leaves, bacon, tomatoes, red onion, gherkins and onion rings.
- Serve with ketchup, mayonnaise, chips and coleslaw.