Serves 4, 30 minutes Preparation, 1 hour Cooking
This tasty, Tangy Chicken in a rich and zingy sweet and sour BBQ style sauce, will be sure to liven up your dinner to have your tastebuds dancing with delight.
For the Tangy Chicken:
- 4 Chicken portions (chicken breasts or legs), with skin on
- Salt And Pepper seasoning, to taste
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 1 large Onion, diced
For the Tangy sauce:
- 50g Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcester Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Wine Vinegar
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Trim the chicken of any excess fat and season with salt and pepper (Do not remove the skin as this makes it nice and crispy once cooked).
- Put half the softened butter in a large oven-proof dish, tipping the dish until the butter has fully coated the surface.
- Add the chicken, skin side down, and baste (spooning the butter over the chicken), then place the dish in the oven and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil in a large frying pan.
- Peel and dice the onions and pepper and add to the pan, frying gently in the Oil for 5 minutes to soften.
- To make the sauce, in a large mixing bowl combine the Soft Brown Sugar, Mustard, Worcester Sauce, Tomato Ketchup and Wine Vinegar
- Stir then pour the mixture over the softened vegetables, stirring and simmering gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from oven, pour off any excess fat and turn the chicken so it is now skin-side up.
- Pour the tangy sauce all over the chicken until fully coated.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 minutes, basting occasionally, spooning the sauce on top to prevent the chicken from drying out.
- Serve immediately with salad, new potatoes, green beans, or sides of your choice.