Serves 4, 5 minutes preparation, 45 minutes cooking
Try our tasty chilli con carne recipe, a firm family favourite that is ready in under an hour and is great served with rice or jacket potatoes and a dollop of soured cream.
- 50g butter
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500g minced beef
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tsp cumin powder
- 65g can tomato puree
- 2 x 425g cans red kidney beans, drained
- 300 ml beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan and add the onions and garlic. Gently fry for 5 minutes and then add the minced beef. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Mix together the cumin, chilli powder and tomato puree and add to the beef and stir. Add the stock, kidney beans and seasoning if required and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chopped parsley and accompanied with boiled rice or jacket potatoes.