Directions:1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add six of the eggs. Simmer for exactly 6min. Lift out of the pan with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to cool quickly. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sausage meat, mustard, spring onions, mixed herbs and some seasoning. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan) mark 7. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out two-thirds of the pastry until it's half an inch thick. Stamp out 12 x 10cm circles and press the circles into the 12 holes of a deep muffin tin, working the pastry so that it comes just above the edges of the holes. Set the trimmings aside.
4. Carefully peel the eggs and halve length-ways through the yolk (which should not yet be completely set). Position one egg half (cut-side down) in the base of each pastry well. Divide sausage mixture among wells, carefully pushing it around the eggs and levelling the surface.
5. Roll out the remaining one-third of pastry and trimmings as before and stamp out 7.5cm circles. Lightly beat the remaining egg and brush the edges of the filled pies and the visible sausage meat with some of the beaten egg, then press on the lids to seal edges firmly. Use a skewer to pierce a hole in the centre of each lid to allow steam to escape. If you like, re-roll any trimmings and use to decorate pies. Brush top of pies with egg.
6. Cook the pies for 30-35 min, or until deep golden brown. Cool for 5 min in tin, then remove from tin and transfer pies to a baking tray. Cook for a further 5 min to crisp up the edges.
7. Cool for 10 min, then serve warm or at room temperature.