Directions:1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper bun cases.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a thick, dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (or until golden-brown on top) and use a skewer inserted into one of the centre of the cakes to check if they are baked through (the skewer should come out clean).
5. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the baking tin and cool on a wire rack.
6. For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until it’s soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat again until smooth.
7. Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
8. Add the food colouring of your choice and mix until well combined.
9. Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle attached and pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cupcakes in a large swirl.
10. Decorate by placing 3 Mini Eggs on top of the icing of each cupcake!
Cadbury Chocolate Mousse Snowmen, Beats Headphones, Apple iPads and, our grand prize, a 65" Samsung Curved UHD TV are up for grabs!
Help Santa find the three missing presents scattered around our website.
When you find a present, click on it to keep it safe and move onto a new page to find the next one. Once you've found all three, fill in the form that will appear to enter the competition!
Find three Christmas presents and WIN