Makes 24, 15 minutes Preparation, 30 minutes Baking
Indulge your chocolate cravings this Easter with our recipe for Crème Egg brownies!
- 200g unsalted butter and extra for greasing
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 10 Cadbury's Crème Eggs, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oC F/Gas Mark 6.
- Grease a Baking Tin with some softened Butter.
- Break the chocolate into small chunks and melt in a bowl with the butter over a pan of hot water (don’t allow the bowl or water to touch as this will burn the chocolate).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the Caster Sugar until thick and creamy.
- Gently pour and fold in the melted chocolate and then sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix well until fully combined.
- Pout into the greased baking tin and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Peel the Creme Eggs and chop in half and set aside (don’t let the goo run out!)
- After 20 minutes carefully remove the brownies from the oven.
- Gently push the Creme Egg halves into the brownie mix, evenly spaced with the goo facing up.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!