Serves 2, 10 Minutes Preparation, 20 Minutes Cooking
Ditch the takeaway and rustle up this smoky, spicy pork stir-fry with black beans, fresh coriander and cooling avocado.
- 400g pork shoulder steaks, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 100g basmati rice
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, ½ juiced, ½ wedges
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, slices, rinsed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Toss the pork with 1 tbsp of the chipotle paste, cumin, paprika, sugar and some seasoning. Spread on a baking tray, drizzle with the vegetable oil and bake for 20 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions until just cooked, then drain. Put back in the pan, add the beans and keep warm with a lid on.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado with the red onion, most of the coriander, remaining chipotle paste and lime juice, then season. Serve the rice and beans with the pork, avocado salsa, jalapeño, lime wedges and remaining coriander.