A delicious Chinese meal you can make at home
We asked food blogger Cherished By Me to create some recipes using our products - here's one of the fantastic dishes she came up with!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 100g Sweetcorn
- 3 Spring Onions, sliced finely
- 100g Cooked Prawns (optional)
- 200g Beansprouts
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Pinch White Pepper
- Sesame Oil
- 400g Chinese Pork Ribs
- A few hours before you want to eat this, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet, drain and cooled down quickly. The best way is to put the rice in a sieve or colander and run cold water over it. Drain and leave in the fridge until you are ready.
- Cook the Chinese ribs according to the instructions.
- You can either make a very thin omelette for effect or you can add the eggs to the mixture when cooking. If making an omelette, heat two teaspoons of sesame oil in a large frying pan and add the eggs, spread out to make a thin omelette and when cooked remove from the pan and slice.
- Add a tablespoon of sesame oil to a hot wok and add the rice and spring onions.
- Toss and stir quickly for a minute and then add the peas, sweetcorn, prawns, beansprouts, Chinese Five Spice, white pepper and soy sauce.
- Stir fry for another three or four minutes until the rest of the ingredients are cooked through and hot. If adding the eggs at this stage, add for the last thirty seconds and stir right through the rice mixture.
- Feel free to add a little more sesame oil if you like a really nutty flavour.
- Serve with the cooked Chinese ribs.
Chef's Tip! Check out cherishedbyme.com for more fantastic recipes