Serves 10, 15mins Preparation, 50mins Cooking
Entertaining the masses? This recipe is the one for you! A popular Indian dish that serves 10 and just add extra spice for those who like it fiery!
• 4 tbsp vegetable oil
• 25g butter
• 4 onions, roughly chopped
• 6 tbsp chicken tikka masala paste (use shop-bought or make your own - see recipe, below)
• 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
• 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2½ cm cubes
• 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
• 4 tbsp tomato purée
• 2-3 tbsp mango chutney
• 150ml double cream
• 150ml natural yogurt
• chopped coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, lidded casserole on the hob, then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 minutes until soft and golden. Add the paste and peppers, then cook for 5 minutes more to cook out the rawness of the spices.
- Add the chicken and stir well to coat in the paste. Cook for 2 minutes, then tip in the tomatoes, purée and 200ml water. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lid, stir through the mango chutney, cream and yogurt, then gently warm through. Season, then set aside whatever you want to freeze (see tips, below). Scatter the rest with coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice and naan bread.