Serves 6, 5 minutes prep, 25-30 minutes cooking
Our Quick Vegetable Soup is so quick and easy you will be serving up steaming bowls of this delicious, wholesome meal in just 30 minutes, enjoy!
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50g frozen peas (optional)
- 2 reduced salt vegetable stock cubes
- 1.5litres of boiling water
- salt and pepper to season
- Place the potato, leeks, carros and onion in a large pan with the stock cubes and the boiling water.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked it is time to blend it. Remove half of the soup and blend with the tinned tomatoes.
- Return the blended soup to the pan and add in the courgettes and peas (optional) then heat thoroughly and season to taste before serving with warm crusty bread.