Quick and easy meets healthy and delicious in this flavourful stir fry that's sure to impress.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500g Frying Beef, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Red Chilli, sliced thin
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Broccoli head, trimmed
- 2 tbsp Independent Olive Oil
- 350ml Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp Independent Plain Flour
- Independent Basmati Rice
- In a large bowl mix the garlic, 1 tbsp oil, soy sauce, chilli and ginger. Add the beef, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and trim the broccoli, cut into bitesize pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add a splash of water towards the end before transferring the broccoli to a dish.
- Add the beef and marinade to the wok and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the flour to the stock and mix well before adding to the wok - fry until the sauce has thickened before adding the broccoli and heating through.
- Serve immediately with a portion of cooked basmati rice.
Chef's Tip! Play around with this recipe, depending on what you've got in your storecupboard or fridge. Try adding cooked mushrooms or snow peas, or even toasted cashews for an extra bit of crunch!