This chilli is a sure-fire winner to warm you up this Halloween. The perfect big batch cook to get your spook on with friends and family.
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 500g minced beef
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 can red kidney beans
- Prep your veg. Chop up your onions and peppers into small chunks and mince your garlic.
- Fry off your veg and garlic in some olive oil with salt & pepper for approx. 5 minutes.
- Then add your spices; paprika, chilli powder and cumin and mix around. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Next add your mince and brown with all of your veg and spices.
- Time for sauce. Pour in your tin of tomatoes, 1 tsp of sugar and tomato puree then mx to combine.
- Next rinse your kidney beans and add those in too.
- Now leave your chilli to cook for away for 10-20 minutes. Keep checking it isn’t dry, if it is, add in some water tbsp at a time.
- Once cooked leave to stand for 10 before serving.
Ready to try this beef chilli recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.