Serves 2, 15 minutes Preparation, 30 minutes Cooking
Not sure what to cook for tea tonight? Don’t get in a flap - try our Crispy Duck Salad recipe! Made with tender duck and a sumptuous salad, you’d be ‘quackers’ not to try it!
For the Crispy Duck:
- 2 large Duck Breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle of Oil
For the salad:
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 100g Cashew Nuts
- 50g Bamboo Shoots
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 large Carrot, sliced
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced
- 200g Lettuce leaves
- 50g Water Chestnuts
- Sprigs of Coriander
- 1 Red Chilli, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/200oF/Gas Mark 4.
- Using a sharp knife, score the Duck Breasts skin.
- Rub the oil into the surface of the skin and season with Salt and Pepper.
- In a large frying pan, fry the duck breast skin-side down for 5 minutes until the skin turns golden brown and crispy.
- Turn the duck over and cook until the meat has been sealed.
- Place the duck in an oven-proof dish and drizzle with Honey and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- As the duck cooks, chop the Tomatoes, Red Chilli and slice the Cucumber, Carrots and Spring Onions.
- In a large bowl mix the Lettuce leaves, Water Chestnuts, Bamboo Shoots and Cashew Nuts and add in the chopped vegetables.
- Once the duck has cooked, allow to cool slightly.
- Serve the Crispy Duck Salad and garnish with the sprigs of Coriander.