Classic Mulled Wine
This recipe never gets old… the colder months and darker nights call for a warm glass of mulled wine.
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sliced orange
- ½ sliced lemon
- ½ star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 50ml dark rum or brandy (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together (apart from the rum or brandy, if you’re using!) in a large pan and warm it through over a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- For the final minute add your rum or whiskey (if using).
- Pour into your mugs or heatproof glasses, making sure to remove any aromatics.
Ready to try this Classic Mulled Wine recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.
Please drink responsibly