A delicious and substantial summer dish
We asked food blogger Cherished By Me to create some recipes using our products - here's one of the fantastic dishes she came up with!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 400g BBQ Pork Steaks
- 3 Peppers
- 400g tin Kidney Beans
- 400g tin Aduki Beans
- 400g tin Cannellini Beans
- 200g tin Sweetcorn
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 Lime
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 50g Coriander, roughly chopped
- 50g Pea Shoots
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse all the beans well and put into a very large serving bowl.
- Set aside the Pork Ribs and 2 of the peppers. Finely chop the remaining pepper and mix with all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well to ensure the liquid ingredients coat the leaves and beans.
- Preheat the grill or fire up the barbecue.
- Slice the peppers into 1 inch squares, then thread the pork and peppers alternatively onto skewers.
- Place the skewers onto a hot BBQ or under a grill and turn regularly until the pork is cooked through - they will cook in a matter of minutes.
- Serve with the delicious tangy mixed bean salad for a filling meal.
Chef's Tip! Check out cherishedbyme.com for more fantastic recipes