Brussels Sprouts Bhajis
A delicious twist on a classic made using Brussels Sprouts!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 200g Independent Brussels Sprouts (Halved & boiled)
- 100g Independent Green Beans (Boiled & finely chopped)
- 1 Independent Green Chilli (Finely chopped)
- 1 Independent White Onion (Sliced)
- 300g Independent Plain Flour
- Splash Independent Vegetable Oil
- 150ml Water
- Half-fill a deep heavy pan with vegetable oil and heat.
- Put the flour into a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the water to the flour, whisk to form a batter.
- Add the chilli and mix. Set aside in a cool place.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until softened, but not coloured. Drain off the oil and transfer the onion to kitchen paper to drain.
- Place the sprouts and green beans into a bowl. Add the fried onion and mix well.
- Take tablespoon-sized amounts of the sprout mixture and dip into the batter to coat completely.
- Carefully add the battered sprout mixture into the pan of hot oil and cook until crisp and golden-brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain onto kitchen paper.