1. Put the chickpeas in a blender or food processor and whizz with the lemon zest and juice, egg and olive oil. Tip into a mixing bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, quinoa, garlic, ground coriander, 100g of the halloumi, half the chopped herbs and some salt and pepper.
2. With wet hands, form the mixture into 12 even balls and set aside on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a shallow flameproof casserole or large ovenproof frying pan and cook the onion for 10 minutes until softened. Add the vinegar and red wine and bubble for 2 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
4. Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Heat a glug of oil in a frying pan and fry the balls for 5 minutes (in 2 batches if the pan isn’t large) until browned all over.
5. Nestle the no-meat balls in the tomato sauce, grate over the remaining 50g halloumi and bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve sprinkled with the remaining herbs and a little sumac, with yogurt to dollop.
Cadbury Chocolate Mousse Snowmen, Beats Headphones, Apple iPads and, our grand prize, a 65" Samsung Curved UHD TV are up for grabs!
Help Santa find the three missing presents scattered around our website.
When you find a present, click on it to keep it safe and move onto a new page to find the next one. Once you've found all three, fill in the form that will appear to enter the competition!
Find three Christmas presents and WIN