Budweiser Caramelised Onion Dip
Love beer? Love a good dip? Why not combine the two? Whether being served with crisps, pretzels, veggies or bread, it's a delicious dip, perfect for sharing at a gathering.
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large onions
- 1 cup Budweiser beer
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ⅔ tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- First things first, melt your butter in a large pan over a medium heat. It’s best if the amount of butter covers the bottom of the pan, so judge whether you need 3 or 4 tablespoons based on its size.
- Dice the four onions and add them to the melted butter, then sprinkle the sugar on top. Stir this mixture constantly for up to fifteen minutes, until golden brown.
- Increase the heat to high and stir in the Budweiser. Now, bring the beer to a boil… and once it begins boiling, reduce the heat back down to a medium temperature.
- For around thirty minutes, simmer the mix and stir occasionally… do this until the liquid has evaporated and the onions are a golden brown.
- Remove the onions from the pan and add to a bowl, giving them time to cool down completely.
- Time for the next part! In another large bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream and spices (salt, pepper and garlic powder). Using a hand blender, mix these ingredients together until fully combined and smooth.
- Set aside your hand mixer, and by hand, stir in the caramelized onions.
- Although this dip can be served immediately, the best results are after it has refrigerated for at least an hour.
- Why not chop some more onions to add on top? Enjoy!
Ready to try this Budweiser caramelised onion dip recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.