30 minutes preparation, 2-3 days curing
Impress your guests as a festive dinner with your Home-Cured Salmon that is perfect to serve as a starter or canapés. Better still, you prepare the salmon two days before serving leaving you lots of time on the night to mingle with your friends and family.
- 400g whole, skinless and boneless Salmon Fillet
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 80g Sea Salt
- 1tbsp crushed Coriander Seeds
- 1 Star Anise, crushed
- 1½cm piece of Fresh Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1tbsp Dry Sherry
- Line a baking tray with a double layer of cling film then place the Salmon filet on top. Mix the sugar, salt, spices and ginger together in a bowl then evenly scatter the mixture over both sides of the salmon and gently pat and rub the spice mix into the fish.
- Next, drizzle the Sherry over the fish then and wrap it in the cling film. Place another baking tray on top of the wrapped fillet before weighing it down with a few tins of beans/tomatoes.
- Chill the salmon for 2 days, flipping the fish over each day to ensure it is cured and coated evenly.
- Once cured, slice thinly and serve with a salad and fresh bread as a starter or use it for some delicious canapés.