Serves 8, 15 minutes preparation, 50 minutes cooking
Our tasty Cranberry Sausage Stuffing is perfect for serving with your turkey to make a delicious Christmas dinner. Even better, the stuffing can be made a day in advance and kept in the fridge to take a bit of the Christmas Day cooking pressure stress away.
- 200g Sausage Meat – alternatively simply remove the skins from your favourite pork sausages and use this instead
- 2 slices of white or brown bread, blitzed in a food processor to make breadcrumbs
- 1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 20g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Apple, peeled and grated
- 200g Cranberries
- 4 fresh Sage Leaves, finely chopped
- ½tsp ground Mixed Spice
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and cook the onion until softened but not browned. Next, add the breadcrumbs and stir so they soak up all the excess butter. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, tip into a large bowl then add the sausage meat, grated apple, cranberries, finely chopped sage leaves and mixed spice. Mix well, then roll into balls. Alternatively, place the stuffing into a lightly buttered dish to cook all together.
Top Tip: You can now cover the stuffing and chill for up to a day before cooking.
- To cook, preheat oven to 200˚C then place the stuffing balls into a roasting tin and bake for 40 minutes or place the baking tray of stuffing into the oven and cook until browned. With the stuffing balls, turn them a few times whilst cooking to ensure that they are browned all over then serve.