Use just three ingredients to make this delicious and warming simple soup!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 tin Independent Sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp Independent Plain Flour
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 750ml Water
- Independent Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add a splash of water to the flour until you have a smooth paste. Add to a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add most of the sweetcorn, stock cube and remaining water, stirring to prevent lumps from forming.
- Simmer for 8-9 minutes before removing from the heat and using a stick blender to leave you with a smooth soup.
- Return to the heat, add the remaining sweetcorn kernels and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Chef's Tip! If you've got any stale bread lying around you can use it to make croutons. Simply cut into small squares, add to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil before toasting under the grill, turning once.