Sugar Skull Cupcakes
You can't have a party without cupcakes and we have the perfect treat to bake up this Halloween.
- 110g softened butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 110g self-raising flour
- 220g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Food colouring
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Mix together the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy! Then beat in your 2 eggs.
- Once all combined sift in your flour and fold into the mixture.
- Distribute your mixture between cupcake cases and pop into the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
- For the buttercream combine the butter and icing sugar and whisk until lovely and soft! If needed add in a tablespoon of water at a time to bring the mixture together, along with your vanilla extract.
- Add in some drops of food colouring and give it a final mix until it’s at your desired colour.
- Once your cupcakes have cooled either spoon on the buttercream on top, or if you’re feeling fancy using a piping bag and icing nozzle!
Ready to try this Sugar Skull Cupcakes recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.