Blood Red Crinkle Cookies
These festive Halloween cookies are bursting with lots of Snickers flavour.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 (1.8 oz) Halloween Fun Size Snickers, chopped
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In bowl, beat butter, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and dark brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg; beat in food colouring and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture until incorporated. Fold in chopped Snickers.
- Divide batter into 20 portions; roll into balls. Roll each ball in remaining granulated sugar, then in icing sugar. Place on parchment paper lined–baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and cracked but still slightly gooey in centre. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
Ready to try this blood red crinkle cookies recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.