Serves 4, 6+ hours preparation
This is the perfect recipe to indulge in on a Sunday, especially in summer. Share with family and friends for a Mexican inspired Sunday dinner al fresco.
Good things come to those who wait. This pulled pork is definitely one of them.
- 1KG pork loin/shoulder
- 1 onion
- 125ml of BBQ sauce
- 125ml of Ketchup
- 60ml of water
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- 8 wraps
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- Red cabbage
- Coriander to serve
- Season your pork with your spices and sauce, add in your water and chopped onion – cover your pork with tin foil in a big oven proof pot! Now time to wait and let the magic happen. Leave this to cook for 5-6 hours until tender. This can also be done in a slow cooker. Whilst this is cooking, go enjoy some sunshine in the garden!
- When it’s time to prep the other ingredients, place the wraps onto a plate and warm in the microwave for 10-15 seconds
- Chop up your lime wedges, red cabbage, avocado and coriander to serve
- Take your prize pork out of the oven, take 2 forks and shred it to that gorgeous pulled pork texture
- Now it’s time to serve! This is a DIY, help-yourself sort of meal, so get guests to assemble their own tacos and there will be empty plates all round!