Christmas Butter Cookies
Christmas deserves Lurpak, so why not treat friends and family to this biscuit treat over the festive period.
- 200g Lurpak Slightly Salted Spreadable Butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 300g icing sugar
- 203 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/ 160ºC fan/ gas mark 6.
- In a large bowl, beat together the Lurpak and sugar until light and fluffy. You can also do this in a food processor.
- Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, and finally the flour to make a dough. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour.
- Remove the dough and roll out on a floured work surface to about ½ cm in thickness.
- Using assorted cookie cutters, cut out the dough and place onto a lined baking tray. Re-roll the off-cuts and repeat until all the dough is used up. Place the biscuits in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 8-12 minutes or until just coloured on the edges. Remove the biscuits from the oven and cool on a wire rack before decorating with icing.
- To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, adding more if needed to make a thick paste.
- Decorate the biscuits and leave on a wire rack for the icing to set. If you want to use them as Christmas decorations, skewer a hole in the top of each biscuit just before baking and thread through ribbon or string.
Ready to try this Christmas Butter Cookies recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.