Serves 2, 10mins Preparation, 7mins Cooking time
Make this mouth-watering Chinese dish at home instead of getting it from the takeaway with a few simple ingredients.
- 150g beef (frying steak), thinly sliced strips (0.5-1 cm wide)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1 spring onion, shredded
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, shredded
- 10g sugar
- 2 tbsp Blue Dragon Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- Splash Blue Dragon Light Soy Sauce
- Combine the eggs, salt and corn flour in a large bowl then coat the beef strips evenly with it.
- Heat oil to 180c in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan or Wok then carefully deep-fry the beef strips, taking care to add them to the wok one by one.
- Top tip: Don't stir for approximately 10 seconds to ensure the batter stays on the beef strips. After 10 seconds stir the beef carefully to ensure the pieces don't stick together. Cook for approximately 6-7 minutes until brown and crispy. Remove them and drain.
- Using some of the oil from your frying, stir fry the spring onion, garlic,chilli and carrot. Add the sugar, vinegar, sweet chilli dipping sauce and soy and mix together. Finally, add the beef and toss together.
- Serve with our Egg Fried Rice or Special Fried Rice.