Chocolate Dipped Honeycomb
These sweet bursts of honeycomb goodness wrapped in smooth milk chocolate are the perfect little treat whilst watching the fireworks.
- Butter (for the tin)
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Chocolate of choice for dipping
- Butter a square 20cm tin to prep for your honeycomb.
- Add your caster sugar and golden syrup to a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has melted. Note: try not to let the mixture bubble until the sugar grains have disappeared.
- Once the sugar has totally melted, turn up the heat and simmer until it has turned an amber colour. Then as quick as you can turn off the heat and ad in the bicarbonate of soda and beat with a wooden spoon until it has disappeared, and the amber mix is bubbling.
- Tip into your buttered tin immediately but be careful as it will be super-hot.
- All you need to do now is leave the mixture (still bubbling) for about 1 hour 30 minutes and it will be ready to snap into chunks.
- Once this is the case, melt your chocolate and dip in your honeycomb chunks, leave them to set in the fridge for a little bit and then you’re done!
Ready to try this Chocolate Dipped Honeycomb recipe? Find all ingredients at a Costcutter store near you.