A hearty dish that's packed full of flavour, and easily made using Independent products!
We asked food blogger Cherished By Me to create some recipes using Independent products - here's one of the fantastic dishes she came up with!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 400g Independent BBQ Pork Steaks
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 tins Independent Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin Independent Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 tsp Independent Chilli Powder (or to taste)
- Independent Olive Oil
- Jacket Potatoes and Sour Cream, to serve
- Green Salad, to serve
- Gently heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Cut the pork into small chunks, add to the saucepan, stir and cook for five minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, kidney beans and chilli powder and bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 25 minutes until the pork is cooked and the tomato sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Serve with baked potatoes, a dollop of sour cream (or cremé fraiché, or natural yogurt) and a large green salad.
Chef's Tip! Check out cherishedbyme.com for more fantastic recipes using Independent products!