This is a delicious, spicy vegetarian curry that will rival your favourite takeaway!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 tin Independent Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin Independent Baked Beans
- 1 tin Independent Kidney Beans
- 60ml Independent Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Red Chilli
- 2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 320g Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 400g Independent Basmati Rice
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, then add the onions, garlic, chilli and spices and cook over a low heat until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, allowing the tomato juice to reduce until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add both tins of beans, mix and cook for a few more minutes until hot throughout.
- Season to taste and serve with 100g rice per person.
Chef's Tip! Add some chopped coriander and serve with naan bread for that authentic takeaway touch!