Oily fish like mackerel are packed full of great stuff, like Omega 3. Give yours a twist with this Asian-inspired recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 pack Smoked Mackerel Fillets
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime, juice squeezed
- Thumb of Ginger, grated
- 1 Green Chilli, diced
- Independent Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and add the mackerel fillets to marinade. Cover and leave for at least one hour.
- Arrange the mackerel fillets on a baking tray and place under a hot grill, skin-side up. Grill for 4-5 minutes before turning, basting with an extra marinade, and grilling for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Chef's Tip! A side salad works great with this dish, or for something more substantial - but still healthy - try cooking up some brown rice, cous-cous or quinoa.