Who we are
Whenever the name "Costcutter" is used within these pages, this refers to one or more of the trading companies of Costcutter Supermarkets Group that operate in the United Kingdom. More information on Costcutter Supermarkets Group can be found at http://www.costcuttersupermarketsgroup.com
What we collect and how we collect it
The information that we collect via this website may include:-
- Any personal details that you type in and submit such as your name, address, email address, date of birth, lifestyle and other information.
- Your computer's individual identification number for internet connection (known as an IP address) is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- Your preferences and use of e-mail updates that are recorded by the e-mails we send you (only if you have selected to receive e-mail updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this required as part of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties & send information to you on behalf of our retail members:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Coscutter or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where a third party is involved with the distribution of a prize relating to a particular competition which you have entered into
Costcutter Supermarkets Group may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone, e-mail, text messaging or other electronic means, about products and services which may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed and used for these purposes after you have cancelled your franchise agreement with us. By providing us with your contact details, you consent to being contacted for these purposes. At that time, we will provide you with a means of opting-out and in addition, you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from lists used by us for direct marketing purposes.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by e-mailing or writing to our Customer Services team.
You also have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Costcutter Supermarkets Group Limited to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request:-
Write to us:
The Customer Services Team
Costcutter Head Office
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
Please note that, from time to time, our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites